ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Unprotected Wireless Lans?

<< < (2/11) > >>

trigger:
between 6 and 7.

Hellie:
I have just secured by wirless modem and router with a 64 bit encryption. Is this enough what is the difference between this and 128 bit? Next the article that was recommended that you read a couple of posts back says to close 3rd party programmes and disable TCP/IP. How do you do this?

I have 3 LAN networks I could access. Who they belong to I do not know one is a server.

This is all new to me.

Helen

mouser:
hey this gave me a great idea for a perfect donationcoder.com coding snack!

what about a program designed to find unprotected wireless lans, and figures out a way to politely inform the admin that their network is unprotected, and sends them some links to info on how to protected it *IF* they want to, or else info about how to safely keep it unprotected in order to share open access if they want to keep it open.

what do you think? seems like a really nice idea to me.  we could call it Helpfull Snooper or something like that.

Carol Haynes:
Trouble is just doing that is illegal in some countries (the UK for one).

f0dder:
I dunno how many unprotected WLANs are around, since my laptop-enabled friend didn't have any "toolz" when he visited me. But we found about 15 active WLANs, 3-4 of them that were permanently online and with good signal strength...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version