ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bill Gates, not Steve Jobs, is the real hero

(1/5) > >>

Renegade:
An interesting article (title from that):

http://www.infoworld.com/d/the-industry-standard/bill-gates-not-steve-jobs-the-real-hero-177864

Steve Jobs was a great CEO, but Bill Gates has moved beyond technology and is trying to save the world. Why isn't he getting more recognition?

In a note to the members of the Harvard community, Gates wrote, "I hope you will reflect on what you've done with your talent and energy. I hope you will judge yourselves not on your professional accomplishments alone, but also on how well you work to address the world's deepest inequities, on how well you treat people a world away who have nothing in common with you but their humanity."

As Wessel put it, "Those are not the words of a leader of business. Those are the words of a leader of people."

--- End quote ---

I always wondered why Bill never got more attention for all the good he does.

Paul Keith:
He does get attention but the thing is, nobody really considers either of those two as heroes. (Not in the sense of Mother Theresa at least.)

Stoic Joker:
I always wondered why Bill never got more attention for all the good he does.-Renegade (November 05, 2011, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Probably because he knows that it's counterproductive.  There is nothing helpful about being on the talkshow circut chattering about how much you're helping ... Because you're really not helping anyone but (agrandizing) yourself at that point. When you really want a job done, you focus on doing that job. For the sole purpose of getting that job done. Not wasting time talking about how much of it you specifically did. Ya know...

fenixproductions:
Offtopic but...

Not in the sense of Mother Theresa at least.-Paul Keith (November 05, 2011, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Such words always bother me after reading a lot of stuff mentioned here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa#Criticism

wraith808:
^ I was thinking it, but I wasn't going to go there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version