ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bill Gates, not Steve Jobs, is the real hero

<< < (5/5)

Paul Keith:
Well I went off because I felt my comment was obvious for what it was and to quote tomos: "the hero idea is BS" and that's why I brought up Mother Theresa as regardless of what you think of the human, her brand says different. Period. 
-Paul Keith (November 06, 2011, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

He does get attention but the thing is, nobody really considers either of those two as heroes. (Not in the sense of Mother Theresa at least.)
-Paul Keith (November 05, 2011, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

?!?!?

There's nothing there to point you to anything other than what the words say.  Which is something that a lot of people believe.

?!?!?
-wraith808 (November 06, 2011, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Copy paste:

No way I would have extended my comment to that which is why I never implied Mother Theresa's flaws at all. It's just not worth it. It hijacks a thread. It slips people into angry if not defensive delusions or both. It leaves nothing but a husk of a thread. Bringing up the brand should never be seen as bringing up the human. There's a time and place for that and though I would hope there are more necessary time and places to bring up such truths for those who haven't encountered it, fact of the matter is that there isn't. It wasn't a flaw in my comment to omit what any article says Mother Theresa really wasn't, it was by design. A design necessary in the world left by those who  create heroes.

wraith808:
Copy paste:

No way I would have extended my comment to that which is why I never implied Mother Theresa's flaws at all. It's just not worth it. It hijacks a thread. It slips people into angry if not defensive delusions or both. It leaves nothing but a husk of a thread. Bringing up the brand should never be seen as bringing up the human. There's a time and place for that and though I would hope there are more necessary time and places to bring up such truths for those who haven't encountered it, fact of the matter is that there isn't. It wasn't a flaw in my comment to omit what any article says Mother Theresa really wasn't, it was by design. A design necessary in the world left by those who  create heroes.
-Paul Keith (November 06, 2011, 08:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

^ Still confused, because that's after the fact, and your statement on that same post makes it seem like it was obvious in the complete post that I quoted.

Renegade:
...her BS stinks worse than your average Christian.
-Paul Keith (November 06, 2011, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh Paul, you sooo have to see this:

Blasphemy

wraith808:
That's bad.  Funny... but baaaaad... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version