ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: GMail (Google Mail) backup

(1/2) > >>

serchend:
a utility to backup gmail via pop.  possibly save the file as a outlook pst and/or restore the email by resending via smtp. 

jgpaiva:
restore the email by resending via smtp. 
-serchend (March 19, 2006, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't know if it is exactlly what you want, but you could use gmail's own Forwarding to another mail of yours (see under settings ->  Forwarding and Pop)

allen:
You could also do this with outlook/outlook express, since that's the file format you want anyway :)

Personally, I back it up via Opera.  Aside from some insurance incase gmail decides to delete your account, it comes in very happy when gmail decides to tell you to try again in a few seconds (which seems to be happening at least weekly, these days) and you need to access a message that you've already received.

serchend:
currently I use outlook to gather it once a month, and then export it from outlook, back it to tape and purge it from outlook. I am just looking for something a little more simple.

jgpaiva:
Allen: Thank you so much for that pointer. It looks like it's getting time for me to start setting up a backup for my gmail account..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version