ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

NaGa DeMon

(1/3) > >>

wraith808:
Well, I was going to try my hand (and possibly fail) again to participate in NaNoWriMo.  But I'm not any more.  I found a more suited pursuit for the month of November.

NaGa DeMon!

(or National Game Design Month)

Short Excerpt from the link above:
National Game Design Month is about making and playing games. In 2011 during the month of November I want You to create and play your own boardgame, RPG, flash computer game, choose-your-own-adventure book, wargame, cardgame or other destracting novelty. The rules are simple – create, write and play (at least once) a game during the month.

--- End quote ---

I have many games that are the spark of an idea, but not completed- this will hopefully give me the impetus to complete at least one.  And I'll get some writing in with the sidebar blurbs.

So off I go!  I'll put a site up for it when I get into the groove, but I'm excited!

mouser:
Nice find.

wraith808:
I think my half-baked idea last year for NANY was from being burnt out on NaNoWriMo, so this will give me more time to do both well, hopefully.

Deozaan:
There's also One Month Game, in which you can challenge yourself to make a game in 4 weeks at any time of the year. :Thmbsup:

mouser:
If anyone decides to make a physical boardgame/cardgame idea, I am willing to help you figure out how to use my PythonProtoCards scripts, which are designed for rapid prototyping of card games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version