Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 01, 2014, 02:41:29 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Problem - Conflicts with simple Excel VBA code for pasting object  (Read 2635 times)
wideeyedguy
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:16:05 AM »

With CHS running in the background - when I try to run a simple VBA code to paste an object into an Excel worksheet, I get an error message pointing to one line of code - ActiveSheet.Paste.

This macro has been working perfectly for several months now, but after installing CHS, it now fails. After I Quit CHS from running the macro will execute just fine as before.

I've been experimenting with CHS to see how I can incorporate in to my work flow, but this will be the killer for me being able to use this utility.

Can you help?

weg
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 08:42:13 AM »

I think i remember this coming up beore.. doesn't anyone remember if we figured out what the problem was caused by and any workaround?

If you tell CHS to ignore capturing from exce (Capture Options tab), does that fix it?
wideeyedguy
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 09:12:22 AM »

If you tell CHS to ignore capturing from exce (Capture Options tab), does that fix it?
That appears to allow the paste action (macro) to work in Excel. But, of course, now CHS will not
capture copy clips from within Excel. Not good since I use Excel 80% of my work time.

Thoughts?

weg
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 09:21:10 AM »

i wonder if CHS is stopping further clipboard processing when it shouldn't..

anyone have experience with other clipboard tools -- does excel freak out with all of them?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 09:29:16 AM »

See if you can find some option in excel to disable some "Office Clipboard" functionality or something similar.  It's so typical that *microsoft* does non-standard things that break their software from working properly with other programs.
rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 10:23:27 AM »

Some versions of office have 'Paste Special' (Edit--->Paste Special). Might be worth a look at its options.
Ampa
Charter Member

I am cute ;)

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 11:08:42 AM »

For me it is FARR (with KlipKeeper) that freaks out Excel.

I frequently get "The Clipboard cannot be emptied. Another program might be using the Clipboard".

I hit OK and the copy paste (or drag and drop) usually seems to work anyway... but it is a frustration none the less!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.1 ]