topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:44 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: VRGRRL Blogs In Live from the Game Developer's Conference in San Jose  (Read 8679 times)

vrgrrl

• Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hey peeps!

long time no chat but mouser asked me to keep you posted about happenings at the GDC (http://www.gdconf.com).

well, so far it is OFF THE HOOK. really. i'm not there yet. i was supposed to arrive last night and finish my presentations at the hotel before the marathon that is gdc starts this afternoon. well, thx to the illini women's tennis team and the men's golf team who bought up all the luggage room on the fucking plane, i got bumped...to 6-fucking-am this morning.

so now it's 11:22am and i'm am sitting on the floor of the dallas airport where the weather is shitty and planes are getting delayed all over the place and this place has the most fast food chains per capita that i've ever seen at any airport and you can feel the grease entering into your skin the longer we sit. i'm supposed to arrive around 2pm (san jose time) so i have a good four hour-ish flight ahead to finish my ppt. why start too early to do something that will be finished at the last minute anyway?

my hair is gdc red so it matches my icon more closely now. :) and i'm wearing my helvetica shirt (yeah, a brown shirt simply with the word helvetica...you know, the font?), my ipod, this laptop and getting weird stares from military returning through this airport...ok, i *am* a little noticeable with bright red hair.

ok...more from GDC...once and if i get there! :D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
cool!

you HAVE to get a picture with your donationcoder.com shirt!!!!!

vrgrrl

• Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
day one of the gdc is over and i'm soooo tired it's insane and there's four more days! but i must run, run, run because i'm running late!!!! ps3 is unvealed tomorrow!!!! woooooot!

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Pay special attention to Nintendo tomorrow, and try to get me a 5 finger discount on a prototype revolution, will you?

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Pay special attention to Nintendo tomorrow, and try to get me a 5 finger discount on a prototype revolution, will you?

Oh, um, that was me, posting under Allen's account. . . Yeah. I meant get the prototype for me.

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

I haven't owned a gaming console since Sega Dreamcast,two months after i bought one they went under. :(
But their is something about Nintendo i'm rooting for,maybe cause my second Console was a NES after my
Atari 2600.I never got into portable gaming.My last Nintendo Console was the SNES,never got the 64 nor the
Gamecube.One thing Nintendo has always seemed to do is keep the price at a decent level.I will never pay
above 150 bucks for a gaming system.

vrgrrl

• Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
nintendo is the only company i have any respect for at this point in the conference. at least they give a shit about creating accessibility features for the blind, deaf, mobility impaired. and they are all really nice.

more gdc info at my blog at http://vrgrrl.blogspot.com...i'm soooooo tired.

btw, sony had one suck ass keynote today on the ps3. look forward to TONS of advertising in their next gen games...fuckers.