Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 26, 2014, 07:49:53 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: BugAid for C# - Add-in for Visual Studio that improves the debugging experience  (Read 8818 times)
vitalyb
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 01, 2011, 04:29:00 AM »

Update - 12/Jan/2012: BugAid is now free for open-source projects - Apply here.

Hi everybody,

I am proud to present to my favorite internet community:

Name: BugAid for Visual Studio
Goal: Improving and enhancing the debugging experience in Visual Studio
Homepage: http://www.bugaidsoftware.com
License: Commercial (60-day trial)
Developers: Omer Raviv and Vitaly Belman
Features (full list)

Note: Best viewed in full screen and in highest resolution
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GuAq76-D-s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GuAq76-D-s</a>

Search and filter complex objects by their members and values

Compare objects or track how a function changes your object

Bring the important properties to the front

Please let me know if you have any question or comments, I'll be happy to provide more information.

Thanks,
Vitaly Belman
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:32:31 AM by vitalyb » Logged
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 07:13:40 AM »

Vitaly, WOW, what a nice and powerful product. Thmbsup

I'm not doing a project containing C# at the moment (though I have some lying around), but I'm looking forward to test-drive BugAid, and, depending on funding availability, buying a license.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:01:45 AM »

Cool  thumbs up thumbs up
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:13:37 AM »

Oh wow!  I now know my next utility purchase!

vitalyb
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 10:29:06 AM »

Thanks for the kind words, everybody! That's really great to hear smiley

Please remember to let me know, when you try it, if you experience any issues or there is anything you'd like to improve. Your enjoyment of BugAid is a topmost priority!
vitalyb
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 06:53:03 AM »

You have done a great job. This is really a very nice & effective project. I am looking forward to buying it actually have to work with it.  So guide me through more on this that how can i buy it?

Thanks for the compliments, jamijlex smiley
You can buy BugAid from the following link: http://www.bugaidsoftware.com/purchase/

If you have any further question or issues, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 08:48:57 AM »

Sigh... You're killing me...

I've been dying to get back into coding mode, and this is only fueling that!

(Stuck in marketing mode ATM.)

Looks super sexy though! I can't wait to try it in a month or 2 when I can free myself of some stuff.

Thmbsup

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
vitalyb
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 08:52:18 AM »

I know the feeling smiley
During some time in a big software company, in which I was coding about 2-3 lines a week, I started to get weird hand-shakes. Feeling relieved only after I started coding at home.

Anyway, when you're back to code-world, try us out and let me know if you have any questions!
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 10:22:02 AM »

I know the feeling smiley
During some time in a big software company, in which I was coding about 2-3 lines a week, I started to get weird hand-shakes. Feeling relieved only after I started coding at home.

And *that's* why I turn down any promotions to management.  No amount of money is worth losing the enjoyment of coding- I've tried it and I don't like it. smiley

But *this* I will be trying as soon as our release is done (don't want to chance any new things on my system at *this* stage smiley)

vitalyb
Supporting Member

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 02:27:22 AM »

Hey guys,

We've added a new license model to BugAid - It is now free for open-source projects!
Since quite a few of you are donating your coding time, I am sure it might be useful to at least some of you.

You can apply for a free license here.

Enjoy!
worstje
Honorary Member

The Gent with the White Hat

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 02:31:45 AM »

Sounds good. If I make something opensource some time, I'll make sure to apply and give it a whirl!

(Oh, you may want to fix the typo in the opening post. It says exactly the opposite of what you want it to say! cheesy)
vitalyb
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 02:32:59 AM »

Sounds good. If I make something opensource some time, I'll make sure to apply and give it a whirl!

(Oh, you may want to fix the typo in the opening post. It says exactly the opposite of what you want it to say! cheesy)

Oops! Thanks!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 10:53:41 AM »

Great  thumbs up
ecaradec
Honorary Member

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 07:00:34 AM »

Bugaid really accuratly identified some of the debugging pain point. I was dubious about what benefits you could bring but the video makes this totally clear. Breaking to a specific iteration of a loop is something I do really often. I only do C++ so I'll pass on this, but for professional C# coders that looks like an awesome tool.

Blog & Projects : Blog | Qatapult | SwiffOut | FScript
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.183s | Server load: 0.16 ]