ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extension "Download Statusbar" Now Adware - Maybe Malware

<< < (6/8) > >>

40hz:
Hmm...

It's back up on the Mozilla Add-ons page (good sign) with this updated info:

Looks like the author changed his/her mind. Nice of them to do so. But I still don't want to use it any more even if I will update my clients on the policy change.

Those of you who do elect to go back, please considering sending the developer a contribution. It will probably go a long way towards not having something like this happen again.  :)

J-Mac:
I think he did remove the "bad" version, though since he tried to sneak that in I won't use anything from him again. Screw me once,,,

Thanks!

Jim

EDIT:  It is possible that the revised extension didn't pass Mozilla review; it definitely didn't pass user review!

Curt:
-it is a little tiring to read all those hard words. Download Statusbar was developed and maintained freely by the trustworthy Devon Jensen. By the 20'th of September the addon suddenly belonged to a "C.J."; identity unknown. We don't know what happened, but we do know that shit happens. Get on.

J-Mac:
-it is a little tiring to read all those hard words. Download Statusbar was developed and maintained freely by the trustworthy Devon Jensen. By the 20'th of September the addon suddenly belonged to a "C.J."; identity unknown. We don't know what happened, but we do know that shit happens. Get on.

-Curt (October 31, 2011, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

So, what do you mean by "Get on"? Shouldn’t have notified anyone about the hijacking behavior of the new version that was current then? Why not? I don’t know who Devon Jensen is and I doubt many others do either. He might very well be trustworthy since Download Statusbar was such a great extension for such a long - and I do mean LONG - time. However it went bad sometime yesterday once all users were updated to that crap release!

Did "Devon" sell the extension or hand it over to this "C.J."? What is so trustworthy about that?   :-\  Or was it hijacked away from him?  Whatever the case, I don’t trust whomever the developer is now after receiving an auto-update of the junk that was installed yesterday.

Jim

bobholm:
No longer wonky. Back to normal again Nov. 2, 2011. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version