ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Publishes Government Take Down Requests

<< < (3/3)

Renegade:
Meh... Maybe that's not the best example in the US considering how many people they lock up.
-Renegade (October 28, 2011, 08:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Eh? Could you explain for me please? No sure I Understand this.
-IainB (October 28, 2011, 02:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

He's picking on the fact that we (in the US) like to lockup citizens for dumb shit, and then let the real criminals go free ('cause there's no room left/) ... Because they're harder to catch and dangerous and stuff.
-Stoic Joker (October 28, 2011, 03:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. It was a tongue in cheek comment on how the US has more people in prison per capita than pretty much anywhere else (a failed attempt at humour). The implication is that either all the "criminals" go scot-free elsewhere, or the US is locking up a lot of people that it doesn't need to.

e.g. You always hear some nutty case in the US like the bum that got 17 years in prison for stealing something like an apple or whatever. Disproportionate sentences, etc. etc.

I'm not really much of an advocate for the prison system. It doesn't seem to work very well.

Stoic Joker:
Yes. It was a tongue in cheek comment on how the US has more people in prison per capita than pretty much anywhere else (a failed attempt at humour).-Renegade (October 28, 2011, 07:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hay, it wasn't a complete failure ... I was laughing.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version