ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Initial configuration problems with VirtuaWin

<< < (2/2)

Geek4AllSeasons:
At first, I was a bit overwhelmed myself. Since LBC is being used successfully by lot of users I suspected I had done something, obvious to others, wrong. Big problems are often cause by small mistakes. My intent was to provide sufficient context to identify the problem and/or where I had gone wrong.

I didn't find anything about virtual desktops in LBC documentation and hoped to hear from others to learn from their experience.

I didn't try a rule like that. I will. Most of the problems encountered have been making incremental configuration changes. The following may help.

Initially it wasn't possible to match LBC window classes/names reported by WinSpector and WinList, a VirtuaWin utility. After starting LBC today class/names were consistent and as expected.

The class is TLaunchBarForm and dock window name is "Main" (same as tree node name). A virtuaWin rule was created selecting the "show on all desks" option. LBC and VirtuaWin have been happy so far.

Its possible auto-hide was on when class/window names didn't match. Auto-hide on or turning it on/off was related to configuration change problems in prior posts. It isn't and essential feature for me. As you have pointed out in other threads, minimizing and restoring from the systray icon is functionally equivalent.

I would like to place docks with different configuration on specific desktops. LBC appears to provide the hooks using the dock node name as the window name.

Do you see any problems with this approach? Have other users tried it?

Your help is appreciated. Things seem to be settling down. I hope I'm being more clear.

mouser:
So it looks like LBC is fine with having docks that stay on all desktops (set using Window Rule as described above).

An initial test by me with dock in SLIDE mode (should be same as hide mode), shows that LBC also seems to do ok if there is no window rule -- and it is only on one desktop.

The part i don't know about is:

I would like to place docks with different configuration on specific desktops. LBC appears to provide the hooks using the dock node name as the window name.
--- End quote ---

Yeah now this is going to be the tricky part for sure.. i'm not sure how to do this but i don't know virtuawin enough to know if it has special features for this kind of thing.  I look forward to hearing your results.

poyan:
In my environment (win XP Prof, LBC 1.124.01) the title of the lbc window is the dock node name....

greets
poyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version