ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Product Key Finder (Excellent & Free)

<< < (2/3) > >>

ha14:
well found only two microsoft keys, perhaps Belarc Advisor is more apropriate?
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

IainB:
+ 1 for what @ha14 wrote.
Belarc Advisor will tell you almost everything you might care to know about your system, and seems to be able to find any and every registration key you may have on your system. (Though I didn't get it for that purpose.)
And it's FREE as well.    :)

There are some others that I have previously tried out - including NirSoft Produkey and Magic JellyBean, and others that I don't recall the names of now.

Stoic Joker:
+ 1 for what @ha14 wrote.
Belarc Advisor will tell you almost everything you might care to know about your system, and seems to be able to find any and every registration key you may have on your system. (Though I didn't get it for that purpose.)
And it's FREE as well.    :)-IainB (October 28, 2011, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll keep that in mind also, but I usually try to avoid anything that requires an install because by the time I get called in the machine in question is usually barely stable enough to run in safe mode. That tends to make Quick-N-Dirty a SOP mandate.  :D

I do have the NirSoft ProduKey utility also, I'd actually forgotten about it. Their stuff is always a keeper.

IainB:
...I usually try to avoid anything that requires an install because by the time I get called in the machine in question is usually barely stable enough to run in safe mode.
-Stoic Joker (October 28, 2011, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, you could be proactive about it and periodically run Belarc Advisor on each asset (deskop/laptop) that you have to support - or, if not periodically, then initially at least.
That would give you a lot of the As-built(*1) documentation (the Belarc Advisor report with the various software reg. keys in it).

You would then have the relevant configuration item information to be able to rebuild that asset - without needing to wait to get that info till it fails.

Note: *1 - The 3 config. items in the CMDB per ITIL - hardware spec., software backup/copies, as-built documentation).

tomos:
The license might be a factor....

Q: Can I purchase a license to run the Belarc Advisor on my corporate network, or my customer's network?

A: We do not permit use of the Belarc Advisor for commercial purposes, however we suggest that you take a look at these products, which we do license for commercial use:
[no comparable products listed...]
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version