ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Keeping track of software license/serial keys

<< < (3/9) > >>

allen:
My license keys are all stored in fsekrit.  I keep a copy on my computer, my palm's SD card, my usb drive and a copy on my ftp server.  I'm not losing them any time soon :)

longrun:
I think Allen got it right, in that you don't really need to keep track of your license keys until your hard drive crashes or you want to reinstall elsewhere. If you just use a password manager on your HD, do you really want to have to restore from backup to access things?

A related point: storage of notes about what you installed,how, and other configuration data. As I install software I keep a log on my old Psion 5mx PDA (obsolete but useful keyboard), with backup on my PC. If I need to set up a new machine but don't want to clone  the old, I have easy, independent access to my notes.

lrosebur:
Yes, I am very interested in a program like this.   I have a notebook (now) that I write things down in, but of course sometimes you can't read your own writing!

Lynn

lrosebur:
What is fSekrit and where can I find it?  Sounds interesting.

Lynn

lanux128:
What is fSekrit and where can I find it?  Sounds interesting.-lrosebur (April 04, 2006, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Other/fSekrit/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version