ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Keeping track of software license/serial keys

(1/9) > >>

taichimaster:
I am just curious on how people are keeping track of their software license/serial keys and other purchasing infos.

Do you just write them down on a txt file, excel spreadsheet, some kind of DB or archive the registration emails?

Over the years, I purchased software using different email addresses and find myself having trouble digging them back up from all over the place!!!

tsaint:
I use "anypassword" from romanlab - its simple, does what I need it for and is free.
http://www.romanlab.com/apw/index.html

superboyac:
Well, for me, this goes back to my long thread for the brainstorming of notetaking applications:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2362.0

I keep all my licenses in my notetaking program, and I like to have it password protected, of course.  That's why I like the programs that offer some sort of encryption or password protection for the notes.  But I don't do it in excel or something totally simple like that.  And I also don't like most of those pieces of software that are specifically designed for password storage or license storage and stuff.  TO me, these pieces of information all belong in one general information collection application.

Carol Haynes:
I would like to see something along these lines. I tried AnyPassword [correction - I treied KeePass - I'll take a look at AnyPassword] and it will do the job but only by using fields available for other pruposes which I don't find an attractive solution.

I started a similar thread a while back. Whilst my request was slightly different in nature it led to a similar discussion about storage and the beginnings of an app to do it from PhilKC and a suggestion from skrommel. See here

PS Tony ...I haven't forgotten about the DVD - just been manic around here and I haven't had time to get it sorted out properly

Carol Haynes:
Actually AnyPassword does a fair job for what I need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version