topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 1:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Bug: available screen size not properly set when using big fonts on Win7  (Read 4059 times)

agdev84

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi!
First of all, let me say that I really love this program :). However, I found a bug that is really a show-stopper for me.

My pc is connected to a full-hd monitor, which has a suggested resolution that is VERY high. Thus, I need to increase the size of fonts for the whole system. Launchbar commander doesn't seem to like it.

• Under windows 7: right click on the desktop -> click on "change screen resolution" -> click on "change the size of text and other elements" hyperlink -> select the "Big (150%)" option
    (please note that, since I'm using an Italian version of Win7, my translation of the above procedure is just an approximation)
  • Dock a LaunchBar Commander toolbar to the right side of the screen; it must not be an auto-hide toolbar
  • Open a window and maximize it
  • The window does not get properly maximized. It acts as if the launchbar dock was a lot bigger.

This bug does not affect other font-size configurations. It also looks like it's not related to screen resolution. However, just to give you every little bit of information I have, I tested it using 1920x1080 and 1600x900 resolutions: both are affected.

Right now, I must choose between using launchbar commander and reading text! :(
And I'm not going to lower my screen resolution and then raise it again every time I want to watch a full-hd movie. I need a big screen with big fonts :).

I really hope this bug gets fixed soon!
Bye, and thanks again for the wonderful program!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 02:38 PM by agdev84 »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
It acts as if the launchbar dock was a lot bigger.

i should be able to fix this -- there is no reason LBC should do this.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Can you check to see if it's fixed in newest beta: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=30108.0