ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do You Freelance?

(1/5) > >>

Renegade:
While chatting on Skype, I learned about a fellow DC member here who also does freelance work.

So, I'm curious to find out how many others here do as well.

Feel free to chime in with what you do or who your typical customers are, or whatever is relevant to you and freelancing.

If you have a site, please do link to it so we can see.

If you prefer to remain anonymous, please let us know, or don't, or do, or don't, or just lurk or... :P ;D

eleman:
Yup.

Translator (between English and Turkish). I love freelancing as it gives me independence. But I am not decided if I should like it ideologically, for it gives the employers a means to circumvent social security obligations.

What do you think about that? Should a worker be able to opt out of the social security system?

wraith808:
I do, but not as much now.  In fact, I don't actively seek work anymore, but just get it through word of mouth, etc.  Because all of the clients I've made have been over several years, I have a range of them including a recording artist, a real-estate data collation company, a collective for architects, an author, a game store, a community works site, a photographer, an ebay-based store, and an entrepreneur.

The services I provide range from custom software to websites to hosting to (in the case of the entrepreneur) shared server space.  It's more hobby money than anything else- I gave up on the dream of self-sufficiency a long time ago.

Should a worker be able to opt out of the social security system?
-eleman (October 24, 2011, 09:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ummm... I won't answer for the danger of going off onto a rant... :-X

Stoic Joker:
+1^ - The dream is dead...

----------------------------------------------------

Doesn't just being here count for something??

Yes, I do freelance as time permits. That's one of the things I love about remote access. I once setup a domain controller for a guy in Alaska ... and didn't even have to leave the house.

mouser:
I am always available and interested in freelance work that is intellectually stimulating -- desktop coding or web apps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version