ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Glorious Return of Shell Extension City

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
Shell Extension City (or ShellCity.net) has a long and wonderful history as a site that posted updates about cool freeware.  It was one of the best places to discover new cool freeware tools.

Way back in 2005 during the first days of DonationCoder, I wrote an email to bob, the guy who ran Shell Extension City and told him about the site -- and in the weeks/month/years that followed, Shell Extension City was always super supportive of DonationCoder software, and the mission of this site.

And I know that many of the early DC members learned about us from Shell Extension City -- and many of them donated -- which is a testament to the community that hung out at Shell Extension City.

Well, the ShellCity.net site has been quiet for a while now, but they've just posted an announcement that they are getting back to regular freeware updates.. Hurray!!!  :Thmbsup:

http://www.shellcity.net/

skwire:
Nice, I've missed this site.   :D
* skwire goes to check his RSS feed for this site...

rgdot:
Memories  ;D

mouser:
There is also a Donate link on the bottom of ShellCity page now, go use it!

40hz:
Yay! :)

It was a sad day when I pulled it off my RSS reader.

Maybe with a saner ( i.e. not daily) update schedule it won't overwhelm Bob so much.

I'm always amazed at the people who run a website solo yet somehow manage an "updated daily" schedule. Especially if they have a full time job or family responsibilites. Few who try ever make it past the six month mark. Which is understandable.

Nice to see Shell Extension City is back.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version