Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 22, 2014, 03:57:44 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Glorious Return of Shell Extension City  (Read 5089 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:50:06 PM »

Shell Extension City (or ShellCity.net) has a long and wonderful history as a site that posted updates about cool freeware.  It was one of the best places to discover new cool freeware tools.

Way back in 2005 during the first days of DonationCoder, I wrote an email to bob, the guy who ran Shell Extension City and told him about the site -- and in the weeks/month/years that followed, Shell Extension City was always super supportive of DonationCoder software, and the mission of this site.

And I know that many of the early DC members learned about us from Shell Extension City -- and many of them donated -- which is a testament to the community that hung out at Shell Extension City.

Well, the ShellCity.net site has been quiet for a while now, but they've just posted an announcement that they are getting back to regular freeware updates.. Hurray!!!  Thmbsup

skwire
Global Moderator

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:56:07 PM »

Nice, I've missed this site.   cheesy
* skwire goes to check his RSS feed for this site...

rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 11:58:55 PM »

Memories  Grin
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 12:16:25 AM »

There is also a Donate link on the bottom of ShellCity page now, go use it!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:40:41 PM by mouser » Logged
40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 06:25:38 AM »

Yay! smiley

It was a sad day when I pulled it off my RSS reader.

Maybe with a saner ( i.e. not daily) update schedule it won't overwhelm Bob so much.

I'm always amazed at the people who run a website solo yet somehow manage an "updated daily" schedule. Especially if they have a full time job or family responsibilites. Few who try ever make it past the six month mark. Which is understandable.

Nice to see Shell Extension City is back.  Thmbsup
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:31:44 AM by 40hz » Logged

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
joiwind
Participant

carpe momentum

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 06:37:08 AM »

Memories  Grin

Yes !  smiley

.: I use K-Meleon - the browser you can control - but I love Pale Moon too :.
Ampa
Charter Member

I am cute ;)

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 07:46:57 AM »

Hooray! Been a regular visitor to SEC for many years. Will be adding the RSS feed again.
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 08:32:15 AM »

Hallejiuah! I've been missing Shell Extension City this past, what? Year or so? A very welcome return indeed  Thmbsup

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 11:39:16 AM »

Hallejiuah! I've been missing Shell Extension City this past, what? Year or so? A very welcome return indeed  Thmbsup
I found DC through ShellEx (some might consider this a black mark against it).

Chris
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 12:39:23 PM »

Man, haven't heard from that site in years. They win "Comeback of the Year" award.

- zaine (on Google+)
Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 08:43:49 PM »

Man, haven't heard from that site in years. They win "Comeback of the Year" award.

+1  Thmbsup

Glad to see the site up again, it was one of the best places to find freeware AND read the latest tech news (via DailyRotation).

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 01:33:38 PM »

I had forgotten just how useful a thing Shell Extension City is.

Just this morning I noticed something in the feed that was the perfect solution to a problem that cropped up yesterday.

This is not the first time I've had that happen with this website.

Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome back Shell Extension City! Thmbsup

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.037s | Server load: 0.14 ]