topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Windows on 2nd screen won't stay at top of screen ...  (Read 1759 times)

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Windows on 2nd screen won't stay at top of screen ...
« on: October 22, 2011, 01:56 PM »
Folk,

This is a new one on me.  Running a laptop with a 2nd monitor attached.  Laptop set to 1600x900, 2nd screen set to 1920x1200.  This has been working for at least a year with no problems.  Suddenly, today, every window on the 2nd screen gets pushed down about one (1) quarter of the screen.  It's not resized, just pushed down.

I had installed two (2) programs today, Zentimo and Chameleon Startup Manager, no other changes.  Also, this started after I'd visited a site, http://agatasoft.com.  Although I don't think that had anything to do with the situation, sometimes a site will resize/reposition the browser - drives me crazy  :mad: - so I'm adding that to the mix.

I've de-installed Zentimo and Chameleon - Zentimo won't be back, but I'd like to keep Chameleon - and rebooted, but the problem with the 2nd screen remains. 

Neither the Windows Control Panel nor the nVidia control panel (card is a 330M, I thimk) have provided any help.  System is Win7 Ultimate 64-bit, machine is a Dell Vostro 1700 with Intel i7 CPU, 400 GB RAM.

I can't find anything with search, but then I'm not really certain what search terms to use  :-\.

Anyone have any idea(s) on this at all?  (Oh, yeah, system restore accomplished nothing except I'll prolly have to reinstall some stuff.)