ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

[BARGAIN] GTA Complete Collection - US$12.49

<< < (4/5) > >>

lanux128:
Is GTA any good? Never played any of them.
-Josh (October 19, 2011, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

if you're a newcomer, then jump straight into IV. about game-play, it's called an open, sandbox, roaming-type of a game with some driving involved. you can also tune in to numerous in-game radio station while cruising in your car which may or may not be yours. in other words you're free to run around and do whatever you want as long as you can get away with it! :D

wraith808:
2. After I download a 1GB+ install, I expect to be able to keep it to install later (especially non-DRM'd items).  It actually *deletes* the root install program, i.e. if you run setup.exe to set something up, it *deletes* setup.exe once you install.  A way around that is to copy the file as it's downloading/running, but really, why?
-wraith808 (October 19, 2011, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

i'm a steam user too but there has been an occasion where i used the gamersgate installer (thanks to a generous DoCo member). that installer had an option to "keep temporary files", so i don't know whether it's the norm or exception. maybe this can help you.

-lanux128 (October 19, 2011, 09:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I chose that option.  That's how I got the 1GB of files still on my machine- but no installer. :(

lanux128:
I chose that option.  That's how I got the 1GB of files still on my machine- but no installer. :(
-wraith808 (October 19, 2011, 11:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

then that option is not much of a help for reinstalls. :-\

on another note, the sale is now available in Steam as well!

Deozaan:
When San Andreas came out, I realized that I was no longer interested in the series because I had matured.
-Deozaan (October 19, 2011, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's the statement.  The gameplay, over the top violence, and over the top language is grating after a while above a certain maturity level in my opinion.
-wraith808 (October 19, 2011, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apparently it's the 10 year anniversary for GTA 3. Considering my age 10 years ago, that explains why my interests matured not long afterward.

I think the sandbox style gameplay is pretty fun. But the so-called "mature" content (which is actually very immature) is just unnecessary and unappealing to me.

Jibz:
GTA complete package is on sale on steam as well if anyone is interested in it and prefers them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version