Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 09:06:55 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Google's Π-Shaped Menu With More, More, and Even More  (Read 1663 times)
daddydave
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 17, 2011, 09:14:44 PM »

Is it just me? Or could this be improved? (Other than the red lines)

Shopping is on there twice.
News is on there twice.
How about Google learns which items I actually click and floats them up to the top menu and hides the rest? Since I'm signed into Google anyway, it should figure out my habits? This might be the odd case where Microsoft-style personalized menus might actually work.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:16:15 PM by daddydave » Logged
rsatrioadi
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 10:00:16 PM »

It's likely that the black bar at the top of page is just a temporary navigation aid while Google is preparing for a new user interface. I read it here yesterday.
rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 10:11:25 PM »

I seriously believe this:
User Experience is much like SEO, plenty of test cases that ultimately all have faults and never always work. Cramming all their services into accessible and 'uniform across products' way...will not happen.
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 02:41:36 AM »

and they have moved the one menu item which I use most often (Reader) into More Sad

edit: changed "Groups" to "Reader" (don't know what I was thinking there)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:49:36 AM by phitsc » Logged

daddydave
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 10:45:25 AM »

I haven't checked, but maybe there's a Greasemonkey or user script that can come to the rescue (right click to hide/promote).
daddydave
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 02:17:40 PM »

I really like the DonationCoder infinite modify feature. Changed topic name slightly.
Tuxman
Supporting Member

OMG not him again!

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 12:05:37 PM »

Should Google not rate itself worse now because of duplicate content?

I bet when Cheetahs race and one of them cheats, the other one goes "Man, you're such a Cheetah!" and they laugh & eat a zebra or whatever.
- @VeryGrumpyCat
mahesh2k
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 01:09:40 PM »

^ Do as i say, not as i do. Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0.35 ]