ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Alternative connections to the www

<< < (2/2)

Contro:
I have first execution.
If I have two antennas, I will have two alfa adapters :
By example alfa 1000 mW for the omnidirectional (I have only this at the present moment)
and alfa 2000 mW for the directional one.
If an open net fails I will obtain the second with your program.
I'll try in the future.
At the present moment I have the official paid connection. And the omni or the unidirectional to try open channels. So in the future I will have three connections until the moment to give down the official one.
The experts say me that I can't use a T connection with only one wifi adapter.....
Best Regards

P.D. I live in a skycrape.....

4wd:
The experts say me that I can't use a T connection with only one wifi adapter.....-Contro (October 22, 2011, 06:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, you'd need an antenna switcher and that will increase signal attenuation unless you also use an signal amplifier at the antenna to overcome cable loss.

What antennas are you using?

I've done this kind of set up so I could pull in a marginal signal, (WokFiw), based on articles in the local electronics magazine by Stan Swan.

The main advantage is no signal loss over a length of coax cable but you can locate the adapter up to 5 meters away, (longest USB cable within spec).

Contro:
The experts say me that I can't use a T connection with only one wifi adapter.....-Contro (October 22, 2011, 06:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, you'd need an antenna switcher and that will increase signal attenuation unless you also use an signal amplifier at the antenna to overcome cable loss.

What antennas are you using?

I've done this kind of set up so I could pull in a marginal signal, (WokFiw), based on articles in the local electronics magazine by Stan Swan.
 (see attachment in previous post)
The main advantage is no signal loss over a length of coax cable but you can locate the adapter up to 5 meters away, (longest USB cable within spec).
-4wd (October 23, 2011, 01:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Owww an image is better than 1.000 words. I'll take photos of my real equipment and my new ideas.

I wait for your help.

Best Regards

Contro:
These are the photos :

An Alfa Omnidirectional antenna of 10 dBi
I don't get enough open nets with this antenna.

A directional antenna Yagi of 18 dBi. I don get my target. My target is the castle where I study some years ago with an open net : Escuelas Pías. There must be about 4 kms. I presume.
The Yagi es about three meters (use this cable length) from the usb adapter.
The wifi adapter with a Realtek RTL8187 chipset of 1000 mW

Next I will put the next equipment consisting of a Alfa Network wifi adapter of 2000 mW and a parabolic antenna.....
I'll put the characteristics of the parabolic antenna.

All the equipment 2.4 GHz.

Best Regards

Contro:

Two possible parabolic. One of them is from a local dealer, but I don't have the range....
 :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version