ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Another Nail in the Coffin for Free Speech

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
Yeah, it's stupid, but...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/oct/13/lady-gaga-injunction-lady-goo-goo?newsfeed=true

Lady Gaga may call her fans "little monsters" but it appears she has no love for Moshi Monsters, after taking legal action in an effort to stop the children's social network using an animated character, singer Lady Goo Goo.

The Paparazzi singer gained an interim injunction against the parent company of the wildly popular Moshi Monsters, banning Lady Goo Goo from performing songs on YouTube, the Guardian has learned.
--- End quote ---

Isn't this covered by parody?

Stoic Joker:
Isn't this covered by parody?-Renegade (October 16, 2011, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I should certainly think so.

Carol Haynes:
Maybe the Queen should tell her she can't use the title 'Lady'!

And the group Queen should assert the right to Ga Ga!

How is Lady Goo Goo even related as a name (except as a parody).

I think Moshi Monsters should just launch Lady Ba Ba, Ta Ta, Fa Fa, Na Na, La La, Ka Ka etc. one at a time and keep her in court for the next six months.

Renegade:
Wouldn't it be nice to see people like "Lady Gaga" and corporations sued for using English?

Really. Like WTF? The English language belongs to the people that speak it, and allowing 1 person or corporation to co-opt portions of it is theft.

So on second thought, forget suing them. Let's just throw them in prison.

(God... I love logic~! ;D )

Stoic Joker:
Apparently imitation was the sincerest form of flattery...Until somebody decided to get hypersensitive about their cyber bullying platform.

What ever happened to the "Sticks & Stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me" adage that server my generation so well??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version