Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 17, 2014, 08:34:34 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NANY 2012 RELEASE: Portable Extension Warlock  (Read 20573 times)
skwire
Charter Member

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2011, 12:34:35 PM »

ghacks picked this up, too.  Good job.   cheesy

http://www.ghacks.net/201...rtable-extension-warlock/

hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 04:42:36 PM »

ghacks picked this up, too.  Good job.   cheesy

http://www.ghacks.net/201...rtable-extension-warlock/

I left a comment as well. smiley

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
dmholmes
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 09:57:35 PM »

Looks OK, but the public comp I often use does not have .NET installed.

Update: I tried PEW on that comp and works fine. It appears that .NET is installed after all.

On the .NET front you could potentially use software virtualization to package it all together so you'd have a completely portable solution. I use Xenocode/Spoonreg/Novell Zenworks Application Virtualization at work (commercial) but there is also a free product from Cameyo which might work (http://www.cameyo.com). I haven't tried it in about a year but it seemed pretty capable, especially at the price.
panzer
Participant

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 05:02:44 AM »

http://www.freewaregenius...rtable-extension-warlock/

"If there was one thing I could wish for is for the associations to be switched automatically once PEW is running and until it I switched off, without the need for a dropzone to drag files onto."
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »

Panzer beat me to it, featured on freewaregenius today as shown above.
shnk
Participant

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2014, 02:44:18 AM »

Feature Request:

Open with dialog should only appear when I hover the file for more than two second, otherwise it should open by default application.

I hope it will help everyone.

Thanks
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2014, 05:39:45 PM »

Feature Request:

Open with dialog should only appear when I hover the file for more than two second, otherwise it should open by default application.

Thanks

I think that would be not possible to do, since it does not run in the background monitoring everything launched if you are sending it directly to the main launcher.

However if you are using the drop zone for it (which basically just redirects the dropped filename to the main launcher at this time)...I might be able to do something to make it launch the first program that it finds from the list you added of programs that can handle the extension.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 05:44:54 PM by hamradio » Logged

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
shnk
Participant

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2014, 12:03:17 AM »

Feature Request:

Thanks

I think that would be not possible to do, since it does not run in the background monitoring everything launched if you are sending it directly to the main launcher.

However if you are using the drop zone for it (which basically just redirects the dropped filename to the main launcher at this time)...I might be able to do something to make it launch the first program that it finds from the list you added of programs that can handle the extension.

Exactly, sorry for the ambiguity. Actually asked for:

trigger                                                                     Action
----------                                                                  ----------
dropping a file without any time delay                        open it with first program suitable for dropped files extension
hovering a file over drop zone, and then dropping it    show open with dialog of pew

I hope it clears the doubt.
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2014, 05:44:31 PM »

Feature Request:

Thanks

trigger                                                                     Action
----------                                                                  ----------
dropping a file without any time delay                        open it with first program suitable for dropped files extension
hovering a file over drop zone, and then dropping it    show open with dialog of pew

Will take a look at it.

Backup your pew files, then goto... http://carrolld.dcmembers.com/pew/ and download the one with beta in the filename and try it.

Right click the pew dropzone and choose "Delayed Open With".

Please report back on any bugs or if it is doing okay in your testing.  It is a beta version and might be a little buggy atm.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:47:10 PM by hamradio; Reason: Added updated info... » Logged

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
shnk
Participant

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2014, 03:05:45 AM »

Feature Request:

Thanks

trigger                                                                     Action
----------                                                                  ----------
dropping a file without any time delay                        open it with first program suitable for dropped files extension
hovering a file over drop zone, and then dropping it    show open with dialog of pew

Will take a look at it.

Backup your pew files, then goto... http://carrolld.dcmembers.com/pew/ and download the one with beta in the filename and try it.

Right click the pew dropzone and choose "Delayed Open With".

Please report back on any bugs or if it is doing okay in your testing.  It is a beta version and might be a little buggy atm.

:Thmbsup:It is working perfect my friend, regarding this I have another suggestion that is; its colour(or any other indicator) should change as the behaviour of drop zone is changed. This  might help us know exactly when to stop hovering file over the pew drop zone.
thanks my friend. smiley
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2014, 09:52:26 AM »

Your very welcome.  Will have another beta with it soon for your testing as that was next on the my list once I made sure it was working for you as well. smiley
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:06:59 PM by hamradio; Reason: Figured out a method... » Logged

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2014, 06:04:58 PM »

Okay try re-downloading the beta from the location mentioned before and let me know what you think. I am still debating on how I am displaying it at the moment, so thoughts would be nice. Seems I cant get it to follow the mouse though atm. It will appear near where the mouse first enters the dropzone though. Thmbsup
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:49:35 PM by hamradio; Reason: Updated the beta... » Logged

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.042s | Server load: 0.02 ]