ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SOLVED - Help! Firefox 7.01 Weirdness

(1/1)

40hz:
Ok...I recently upgraded my copy of Firefox to version 7.01.

It's been working fine. So fine that I was beginning to wonder what all the worries I was hearing about FF7 were about. At least I was up until a few minutes ago. Because with no warning (or any changes made to any of my settings or add-ons) DoCo's forum now no longer seems to have a style sheet associated with it. Instead of the usual pale blue boxes, I'm  seeing this:

Disabling all my add-ons and purging my preferences (including all relevant caches) doesn't seem to fix it. <*insert old Dutch swear word here*>

This problem only affects DonationCoder's forum pages and (oddly) A List Apart's entire website. Same deal there.

Every other place I go to still seems to be displaying as expected.

So...does anyone have any clues as to what causes this, or (ideally) how to fix it without removing and reinstalling Firefox?
 :huh:

tomos:
I had that problem "recurringly" (?*) a while back (like a year or two ago).

Usually clearing the cache fixed it - I never knew if the problem was with FF or dc...

* please correct my english, I'm starting to forget how to use it (and no - that's nothing to do with it being Saturday night here :p), I just dont get to use it enough, or hear it either...)

mahesh2k:
I had this issue on upgrade before version 6. I cleared the cookies, cache, removed add-ons and restarted. Worked for me.

40hz:
Usually clearing the cache fixed it - I never knew if the problem was with FF or dc...
-tomos (October 15, 2011, 02:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had this issue on upgrade before version 6. I cleared the cookies, cache, removed add-ons and restarted. Worked for me.
-mahesh2k (October 15, 2011, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey! It wasn't the cache or the cookies. (I had already cleared those.) But you reminded me that in addition to cache and cookies, FF also keeps track of site preferences. When I deleted info one type at a time, the problem went away after site preferences got purged.

Interesting in that I always accept any site's default and never specify my own preferences. And I know I never did anything like that for either of the two sites affected.  Guess something got in there somehow. Why it only pooched DoCo's SMF pages and A List Apart's website is anybody's guess. But it's fixed now so I'm not going to spend a lot of time worrying about it unless it happens again.

Thanks for your help! Appreciated. :)

P.S.
@tomos - your English is just fine. You use it better than many native speakers I deal with. :) :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva:
This used to be a recurring issue 1 year ago with Opera, usually opening DC's CSS and reloading it sorted the issue out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version