ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR not a commonly downloaded program?

<< < (4/7) > >>

db90h:
And sorry to be so blunt, but I DID tell mouser he needed a cert before this occurred.. and, well, everyone should already know these things happen without certs. Now that you know how cheap they are, surely you see -- there is no excuse not to have one. It is the cost of doing business. The malware guys forced that upon us. Now, I would like to see more competition in the trusted CA list, so prices further go down, BUT they are plenty low enough for DC.

mouser:
I actually already have one.  Got it cheap through StartSSL which I reviewed for their great services here.

I tried using it on one of my programs and it was very annoying to do, and it didn't seem to have any real benefit so i stopped using it.

But i could start again i suppose.

db90h:
I actually already have one.  Got it cheap through StartSSL which I reviewed for their great services here.

I tried using it on one of my programs and it was very annoying to do, and it didn't seem to have any real benefit so i stopped using it.

But i could start again i suppose.
-mouser (October 15, 2011, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great, use it.. though not sure if they are a trusted CA when it comes to code signing under Windows or not, you will have to check.

Of course, if you bought it in Dec 2010 for 1 yr, then you've only got a month left.

Remember, although abrasive, because I am under a lot of pressure, I am trying to be helpful.

You can automate your signing process, so its done as you build your stuff. Very easy.

db90h:
I also removed some of my more abrasive comments... I'm just under a lot of pressure. DC is a great service, trying to help.

IF you offered free signing to your freeware authors, MAN that would be a great way to drive new freeware authors here...

wraith808:
How much is the cert?   Maybe we can hold a special DC fundraiser to cover the cost?
-wraith808 (October 15, 2011, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Like $79-$100 a YEAR (approx).. there is no reason for anyone not to have one. And no reason to need a fund raiser to get one since this is only 1/4 of the supposed monthly operational costs of DC. But, whatever works for you guys.

Yes, you could go find more expensive certs to buy, but I already told mouser last month where to buy cheap certs.
-db90h (October 15, 2011, 07:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

It *is* still an expense on something that makes minimal, if any money, so there is a reason for people not to have one IMO.  If people would donate even a bit that might be a valid argument, but with the way the economy is and everyone watching money, to put this kind of burden on people giving away things for free is not just an "oh well, that's the way it has to be."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version