ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone got an iPad and like it?

<< < (8/10) > >>

jpfx:
I bought an ipad and eventually got rid of it. I spent a fair amount of money on apps but couldn't resolve my dislike for the itunes/locked in business  model. So it went. I now use a xoom which works well enough for my requirements. I will return to a windows tablet though. If HP released an updated TC1100, I would jump on that.

Renegade:
well a netbook is not a mobile device and does not have mobile software/hardware architecture, and usually has a much bigger battery!  ;)
-lotusrootstarch (October 13, 2011, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I do a lot of work in the mobile sector, and most consider netbooks to be "mobile" to one degree or other. It depends on how you look at it. If you're a display manufacturer, whether it's a netbook or a tablet, it's all the same -- "mobile". Mobile and portable are often used interchangeably.

One of the terms used serves to divide things up nicely - handset. It's clear that you're talking about devices that are for 1-hand, e.g. not a tablet.

TomSr:
Answering the OP question, Yes I have an iPad and love it.  Of all my electronic gadgets I use it the most. Even with my old eyes I haven't any problem reading eBooks for extended times. I also have a plethora of Study Bibles and Bible related applications on my iPad. I only use the email program as a stop-gap solution until I get to my laptop. I find that neither my iPad nor my Droid Bionic handle email as well as my laptop.

I guess I know the strengths and weaknesses of the iPad and use it accordingly.

johnk:
I bought my wife an iPad recently. Overnight, her use of her laptop dropped by more than 50%. For the things she uses a computer for (email, web browsing, Facebook), the tablet is just as good, and more comfortable to use when slumped on a chair. And as other have mentioned, instant on/off is a huge advantage. Huge.

The pattern of use I describe above covers much of the computer-using population. That's why iPads are popular.

Me? I use a HP Touchpad, which IMHO is a better device than the iPad (a better OS). And I use that a lot too. In the evening, for casual web browsing in my favourite armchair. I also have a 7-inch Galaxy Tab (with 3G) for portable outdoor use. And a Kindle, which is a fabulous device. And I use a laptop. And a desktop. Each has its place. Each brings benefits to my life. It's not either/or.

techidave:
Tomsr, which bible apps are  you using for your iPad?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version