ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

SEO fun: Does the multi-domain tactic work?

<< < (2/5) > >>

rgdot:
If you have a case where people would be typing/searching all the words of the url (I don't think the order matters much if the words are 'whole' words) then google will almost certainly show it early if not first.
1 out of 3 words, 1 out of 2, 2 out of 3, etc. will revert back to the content side of things and registering the variations will not have much effect. Again unless 1 or more words are recognized organizations and the like.

Stoic Joker:
If you have a case where people would be typing/searching all the words of the url (I don't think the order matters much if the words are 'whole' words) then google will almost certainly show it early if not first.
1 out of 3 words, 1 out of 2, 2 out of 3, etc. will revert back to the content side of things and registering the variations will not have much effect. Again unless 1 or more words are recognized organizations and the like.
-rgdot (October 12, 2011, 07:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perfect! That tracks with what I was thinking initially. The company is refocusing a bit to change with the times and putting up a new site (because our old one sucks) ... And there are a few key areas that we want to focus on that are becoming (trendy) popular searches.

I may need to take a crash course in SEO here shortly... (Zoiks!)

db90h:

Stoic Joker:
-db90h (October 12, 2011, 07:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Any chance you could elaborate on that a bit?

db90h:
-db90h (October 12, 2011, 07:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Any chance you could elaborate on that a bit?
-Stoic Joker (October 13, 2011, 06:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

I deleted my opinion because I believe SEO, as you plan to do it, is 'cheating'. I believe you should not try such tactics. If you want your site to be found, then build a site that attracts people. Search engine manipulation is a big problem for everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version