ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sansa Clip Zip: Wow!

<< < (5/16) > >>

bob99:
xtabber,

Thanks for the heads up.
I bought a Clip+ a while back to replace a slowly ailing Creative model.  It was ok until I updated to Rockbox on Edvard & superboyac's suggestion and comments.  Now I love it.  True, the Rockbox menu is a bit daunting until you get used to it. But once you do I think it's great.  IMO it's now head and shoulders above my old Creative.  Especially since I now have full and easy access to anything I put on the plug-in SD card.  What my Creative lacks.  And from what I read somewhere Rockbox will allow you to access (I believe this is correct) up to a 32 Gig SD while the stock Sansa firmware will only do up to 2 Gig.

Deozaan:
Thanks for the heads up! I got one.

Cloq:
I own 2 clip+'s and have rockbox installed on both of them.

First one is being used a jukebox in my car (with a usb power adapter). Never leaves my car.

Second one used at work. It's tiny and it fits behind my speakers.  :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
First one is being used a jukebox in my car (with a usb power adapter). Never leaves my car. -Cloq (October 26, 2011, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's what I intend to use mine for. :D

Deozaan:
Any tips in getting Rockbox installed on the Clip+? Mine just arrived and the Rockbox installer keeps crashing when I do auto-detect. So I selected things manually and now it's telling me to get the Clip+ original firmware, so I went to the forums and got the firmware but Rockbox installer says it doesn't recognize it (mine is v01.02.16 and it says it only recognizes up to v01.02.15)

So far Rockbox has not been a pleasant experience and does not seem stable at all, and I haven't even gotten it on the Clip+ yet!

UPDATE: Well I managed to find a download for the older firmware. Currently installing Rockbox. *fingers crossed*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version