ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sansa Clip Zip: Wow!

<< < (4/16) > >>

AbteriX:
Thanks for that review.
I also have the need for an small player, but after two bad buys (cheap ones) i was afraid of buying an another one.

superboyac:
Man, it's really crazy how much information some of these rockbox themes are able to cram in on that tiny monochrome (bichrome?) screen.  And all the settings...sheesh.  It has settings to tweak the sound as if it's a mini pro tools mixing station.  My first reaction is "who uses all this stuff??" but it's impressive, nonetheless.

superboyac:
Also, if anyone cares, I prefer the Clip+ over the Clip Zip.  Once the Zip gets Rockbox, I may change my tune.  But for now, it's an easy choice.

Which means:
Best mp3 player under $100 = Sansa Clip+
Final answer.

Edvard:
Hehe... mission accomplished  :Thmbsup:

I totally agree about the customizability, it's pretty awesome, but sometimes I yearn for the simpler Sansa menu; Scrolling through all that stuff just to tweak the bass by 2 dB's is a bit much sometimes.
The only thing I would add to the Rockbox if I could would be the capability for a customizable "home screen" with a user-definable menu or table of shortcuts to the most-used functions.
Hmmm... off to the Rockbox forums...

xtabber:
Newegg.com's Shell Shocker Deall From 10AM to 12:59PM Pacific Time (3 hours) today (October 25, 2011),  is a "recertified" 4Gb Sansa Clip+ for $22.99.

I have a couple of Clips, a Clip+ and a Zune, all purchased at various times over the past 2 years recertified from Newegg, for less than $30 each.  All have always worked flawlessly, although one arrived DOA (wouldn't hold a charge) and was immediately replaced by Newegg.

YMMV, but at these prices, I consider them nearly disposable and keep several around for different uses.

I should also note that I like the Sansa players better than any others I have used over the years. I particularly like the Clip and Clip+ because they are tiny, have great FM radio receivers, and most important, have a physical volume rocker on the side so I can reach into my pocket and adjust the volume without having to look.  They have excellent sound with good phones and are much easier to manage contents on than devices that rely on music management software.

I have never tried RockBox, but I might just buy another Clip+ to experiment with, based on the glowing notices here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version