My FARR searches in the folders that contains .lnk files. Searching for .exe in the /Program Files structure is too slow.
That's why I came to this idea: a program that scans a partition and creates .lnk files in a given directory for all .exe (or else) found in the partition.
The workflow would be:
1) define a target directory for the .lnk files (for example /all_shotcuts)
2) define a type of file (*.exe for example)
3) select yes/no if you want to create a directory sub-structure like the one existing on the partition (like /all_shortcut/windows/system32 etc...)(this is usefule to filter out irrelevent .lnk files)
4) scan the partition (C. for example). The program should be able to detect duplicates.
5) go through the .lnk files and delete what is not relevant
6 )In FARR, use the dir /all_shotcuts and its sub-dirs in the search folders
Mouser, this could be useful for your new Launcher program too.