ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend host for slide shows?

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
if its for instructional stuff to the public, dc can provide space if you can't find another place.

rjbull:
Yes, I suppose I do want a free Web host, and I was thinking of instructional material for the public, as it were.  This was started by posts about using Listary with XYplorer on the recent lifetime license offer on XYplorer on Bits du Jour, where I wanted to make some screenshots (I misunderstood matters, but that's irrelevant here).  Jing is a TechSmith program and can send its output to their screencast.com Web site, where you get 2 GB of free space.  It can do either plain screenshots with simple annotations, or 5-minute videos that can't be annotated.  I was looking for a home for the half-way situation of step-by-step "how to" slideshows like Wink does.

mouser - thanks for the offer: it's just that the public might not be solely or even primarily DC.  In that case, I wouldn't feel all that comfortable.

KynloStephen66515:
Yes, I suppose I do want a free Web host, and I was thinking of instructional material for the public, as it were.  This was started by posts about using Listary with XYplorer on the recent lifetime license offer on XYplorer on Bits du Jour, where I wanted to make some screenshots (I misunderstood matters, but that's irrelevant here).  Jing is a TechSmith program and can send its output to their screencast.com Web site, where you get 2 GB of free space.  It can do either plain screenshots with simple annotations, or 5-minute videos that can't be annotated.  I was looking for a home for the half-way situation of step-by-step "how to" slideshows like Wink does.

mouser - thanks for the offer: it's just that the public might not be solely or even primarily DC.  In that case, I wouldn't feel all that comfortable.
-rjbull (October 12, 2011, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

How about a youtube channel? Just make the slideshows into video format, and upload :)

rjbull:
Yes, I suppose I do want a free Web host [...]-rjbull (October 12, 2011, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

How about a youtube channel? Just make the slideshows into video format, and upload :)
-Stephen66515 (October 12, 2011, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have you read this thread Seriously, Youtube is becoming impossible!?   It's not the only DC thread finding fault with YouTube.

KynloStephen66515:
Yes, I suppose I do want a free Web host [...]-rjbull (October 12, 2011, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

-Stephen66515 (October 12, 2011, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have you read this thread Seriously, Youtube is becoming impossible!?   It's not the only DC thread finding fault with YouTube.
-rjbull (October 12, 2011, 03:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
* Stephen66515 STARTED that thread...
just because its not perfect, doesnt mean its not a handy service for something like your wanting.  Other than that you could ask mousey for hosting, or go somewhere like freehostia.co, or wix.com :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version