topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:25 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Idea: App to search for specific internet radio guest  (Read 2995 times)

John Alaska

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Idea: App to search for specific internet radio guest
« on: October 09, 2011, 12:56 PM »
I know it's as simple as putting their name in any search engine if I want all instances, but I would like to limit the search to a specific radio format within a specific time frame. Say, past 7 days, next 30 days, and have it continuously update its calendar.

John Alaska

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Idea: App to search for specific internet radio guest
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 05:26 AM »
Not even a "It would take to much time" comment? :(

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 06:35 AM »
"It would take too much time" ;D

Have you tried to search for the data in any search engine? And then tried to interpret a calendar out of the garbage that is the result of that search?

I know there are services available for TV station programs (usually per country), but AFAICS these are filled with the calendars supplied by the TV stations, not from something 'simple' as a search-engine result.

I wouldn't know where to start getting all radio station program info, and neither what region to 'limit' the search to, there will be several thousands of stations to process, nor parse the (often even hardly human comprehensible) program information, if that is available.
Guess I'm not alone in this assessment... :huh:

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 11:42 AM »
Hi, John Alaska, and welcome to the site.   :D  Apologies for not replying sooner.

As Ath has mentioned, I'm pretty positive there is nothing like a "TV Guide" for internet radio.  The closest you'll find is the SHOUTcast radio directory here:  http://www.shoutcast.com

There are several audio players that cater directly to playing internet radio.  Some may even have rudimentary recording schedulers much like a VCR in the past.  You know, where you just set the time to record and the channel without any direct knowledge of what you're recording.  None, AFAIK, have any sort of calendaring feature.  The random, varying nature of internet radio would make that sort of thing very difficult to do.