ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS: New Formatting Dialog

<< < (7/14) > >>

mouser:
5) In the preset editing tree (i.e. where introduction,  add stuff etc are written - figure 2 in first post) - it may be helpful to add a checkmark to show if anything is active in that tree/tab (or make the actives bold or red or anything visual)[off topic]I actually preferred the old screen (as I could see what is on and what is off at a glance) [/off topic]
--- End quote ---

good idea, i'll see if i can do this.

mouser:
6) I would like to create a custom order of the list in (1) and this custom order should be kept for the Quick Paste option as well - I use keyboard shortcuts
--- End quote ---

yeah i can see the value of this, i'll see what i can do but no promises.  your best bet now is to use file names to control order since the items are shown in alphanumeric order.

mouser:
7) I would like a way to perform this on a clip from the quick paste menu - though I cannot think of anyway to do it intuitively
--- End quote ---

if you mean you want a way to apply formatting from quick paste menu you can already do that, from formatting submenu of quick paste menu, or even faster using custom hotkeys set for the formatting item.

mouser:
8 I would like to have the option for user tools NOT to paste the output (my AHK example for example does not require pasting) - maybe if %outfile% does not exist (currently it gives an error).
--- End quote ---

Very good idea, i will add it.

For those that don't see the use for this -- consider that you can use chs to trigger some operation on the text under the cursor by launching a script on it -- and the script may have nothing to do with text transformation (for example you might have it open a web page to define the word under the cursor).

mouser:
10) Unrelated to the formatting presets: when I use quick paste and the main window exists - the main window is activated first. This is not a big problem but it bothers me as the behaviour differs from when the main window is minimised to tray
--- End quote ---

can you explain this a bit more, im not sure i understand.

11) Unrelated to the formatting presets: When I am in a rename mode (for example in explorer or gbCodeLib9) activating quick paste deactivates the edit/rename mode and the paste gets lost (i.e. go to explorer, select a file, press F2, Quick Paste something - filename unchanged). If there is anyway to prevent this from happening I would be extremely grateful but somehow I think that the creation of the quick paste menu will always do this.
--- End quote ---

i dont think i can control this.

12) Unrelated to the formatting presets: I would be grateful for some way to paste a clip with original formatting (for example, pasting bold text in MS Word as bold text)
--- End quote ---

one of the remaining big todo items of CHS is to save clips with richtext formatting not just plaintext; not possible yet but coming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version