ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS: New Formatting Dialog

<< < (4/14) > >>

cranioscopical:
To test: if you are in notepad, select some text and hit Ctrl+Q, does anything happen?
-mouser (October 10, 2011, 02:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Entirely my fault, same as usual.  :-[

cranioscopical:
chs_sampletool.exe wants a .dll that I don't appear to have. The Perl script does its best but is thwarted by the fact that I haven't Perl installed  :)
As far as I can see, though, the mechanisms work as intended — FWTW. Items set that don't call those tools work fine, as with the old, single panel.

It must be my setup. I just set the external tool to be an editor and the editor is looking in the wrong place for the file.
CHS: New Formatting Dialog

mouser:

* 1. I'm repackaging with a sample tool that doesn't need visual studio runtime dlls, so that should solve that problem.
* 2. As you noted, the perl sample tool will only run if you have perl installed and configured on your pc; that is as designed.  One could build the perl sample into an exe but the point was simply to let you test running a perl script directly IFF you have perl installed.
* 3. As for using an editor.. it's failing because you are passing in both the input and the output file, and the output file doesn't exist yet.  However, i will modify the way tools work so that you can actually use it with a tool that reads and writes to the same temp file, the way an editor would.  That will let you use it in the way you are trying.

mouser:
I've uploaded a new version that will also work with tools that write out the changes to the input file.

You can test this by downloading new version and then setting the tool to: notepad.exe

But if you do, make sure you change the argument string to just "%infile%" (instead of "%infile%" "%outfile%").

cranioscopical:
it's failing because you are passing in both the input and the output file
-mouser (October 10, 2011, 03:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version