ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS: New Formatting Dialog

<< < (11/14) > >>

rjbull:
you MUST include lines in your perl to flush stdout!-mouser (October 18, 2011, 06:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is that just a PERL thing, or required with any utility?

IainB:
ah you caught me.  i can add an option to fix that.  right now it uses the clipboard to sanitize it and leaves the plaintext on it.  i could use a different technique.
-mouser (October 19, 2011, 09:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, I didn't mean to "catch" you!
If it's too much hassle and a low priority to fix that, and if it's just for me, then I could always go back to using the AHK hotkey combo that I described above/elsewhere.

IainB:
Not sure if this is news to you, but I noticed last night that the CHS copy/paste functionality is different when you copy/paste an image as opposed to copy/paste text.

For example:
With .PNG/.JPG/.GIF image files: (and this is repeatable with consistent results):

* Open a .PNG image file in Irfanview. Press Ctrl+c (for Copy). If the file is a smaller file, then a Copy "ping" sound occurs, or if a larger file, then No Copy "ping" sound occurs. (It should always sound.)
* CHECK #1: Open CHS and look at last clipped record - If the file is a smaller file, then the image you just copied is there, or if a larger file, then the image you just copied is not there. (It should always be there.)
* Open a page in MS OneNote or MS Word (the following steps work the same in either proggy).
* Press Ctrl+v - the image is pasted OK.
* CHECK #2: Press Ctrl+Shift+V - nothing is pasted (which is what I would expect, as that should only paste unformatted text).
* Press Ctrl+v - the image is pasted OK. (This proves that the buffer holding the image has not been cleared.)
* CHECK #3: Open CHS again and look at last clipped record - the image is either there/not there consistent with CHECK #1.
Clearly, the image is retained in a buffer somewhere, but apparently if it is over a certain size, then it never gets stored in the CHS database.
User requirements not met:
   1. The "ping" sound should sound on each Copy, if a sound has been selected/enabled in CHS for this.
   2. The image copied should always be stored in the database. (At least, that's what I would presume the user requirement to be.)

--- End quote ---

(I couldn't recall whether you had set a max upper size limit for the image size that could be stored in a CHS database.)

cranioscopical:
Is it this?

CHS: New Formatting Dialog

IainB:
@cranioscopical: Thanks for pointing that out. Actually, I'm not sure what that is.
My settings say "Max X*Y area (Kb) 1000" - I presume that relates to Kb of data, but I am not certain.
I guess I need to understand what it is first.

One of the smaller images that CHS stored in its database was a .JPG file of size 41.9kB, and 900x750 pixels on display.
One of the larger images that CHS did not store in its database was a .PNG file size of 172.4kB, and 1349x1766 pixels on display.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version