Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 01, 2014, 11:01:56 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: display first page of pdf, when hovering over the pdf file  (Read 1675 times)
kalos

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 09, 2011, 06:02:42 AM »

hello
is it possible to display a popup with the first page of a pdf, when hovering over a pdf file in Windows Explorer?
same with text, image, etc files
thanks
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 11:09:17 AM by kalos » Logged
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 06:38:32 AM »

Yes - with Quick Pdf Tools you can do that and much more! I find it invaluable... and its FREE  Thmbsup

Quick Pdf Tools

If you need help - JUST ASK!
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 06:40:14 AM »

Not sure if u need Windows 7....

kalos

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 07:10:25 AM »

Not sure if u need Windows 7....

Win7 is a big no for me
how about text files, images, etc?
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 10:06:56 AM »

No program will display a pdf popup in Explorer, merely on hover, they all need you to first activate the file - also Quick Tool (right-click). There are a couple of viewers that will display them all, pdf pics text rtf, but not in Explorer. Wouldn't it be enough for you to have page 1 as a thumbnail (view: "large icons")?:

I use Nitro Pro 6 OCR, but almost any good pdf editor will give you this feature in Explorer. For pre-viewing photos and text files, I use Quizo QTTabbar, but I cannot make a screenshot of it, to show.
kalos

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 11:10:35 AM »

Wouldn't it be enough for you to have page 1 as a thumbnail (view: "large icons")?:

I already use this feature now, but it does not work in desktop and it does not work when I have set folder view to "details" (which is my prefered)
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 11:27:55 AM »

Win7 is a big no for me
Following up on the post by CleverCat, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Quick PDF Tools

Chris
kalos

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 12:21:56 PM »

Win7 is a big no for me
Following up on the post by CleverCat, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Quick PDF Tools

this app doesn't do what the title of the thread says, not in pdf, neither in any kind of file, unless, I miss something
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 01:03:17 AM »

@kalos:
The Windows Explorer replacement tool, xplorer¬≤, has a "Quck View" function, where it can do rather more than just show the first page of a file. For example, for any file you select (not hover) it can  give you things like:
* display the draft and native content of a .pdf file.
* display the draft and native contents of a Word file.
* display the contents of a .txt file.
* display an image file.
* play an .mp3 or other (sound file).
* play a video file (various formats).
* it will also display the text in many other files (e.g., html files, script files).

The display is made in a special Quick View window that is opened when you select Quick View. All you need to do is scroll through the files to see the display of contents.
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 01:18:40 AM »

Forgot u need to right click  embarassed

But, PDF XChange Viewer does it on hover! (Pdf only) (Not sure about XP though)  undecided

Windows 7 previews image and text files on hover in Explorer for me!  Thmbsup
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:53:23 AM by CleverCat » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.18 ]