ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

win7 wifi shows as disconnected when actually connected

<< < (2/3) > >>

nite_monkey:
I've checked the add/remove program list, and never ran across  Bonjour. I guess I could look again to be sure. What would I need to do to check if it is an icon cache corruption?

edit:just got home from college, and when I woke up my laptop (from the screensaver, not standby or hibernation) the icon has now changed to the icon of the signal bars with the yellow * on top.
edit2:after restarting my laptop, the icon is now back to the red x

4wd:
If you've got CCleaner installed, you could try enabling Tray Notification Cache, like so:

nite_monkey:
just tried ccleaner, after restarting the explorer process and also restarting windows, the stupid icon is still messed up  :'(

4wd:
I've had kind of this problem, the network, (LAN), icon sits there with the spinning donut saying it's still trying to get an IP from the DHCP server, (never mind that it's manually assigned  ::) ).

It seems to revert to normal after a few system boots, (in the normal course of usage).

It's currently sitting there with an exclamation mark telling me the Unidentified Network, (VirtualBox), has no Internet access, (well duh...it's not running), yet other times it will look completely normal, (with VirtualBox not running).

I think it comes down to it just being borked....just like it's always been.

nite_monkey:
I've had kind of this problem, the network, (LAN), icon sits there with the spinning donut saying it's still trying to get an IP from the DHCP server, (never mind that it's manually assigned  ::) ).

It seems to revert to normal after a few system boots, (in the normal course of usage).

It's currently sitting there with an exclamation mark telling me the Unidentified Network, (VirtualBox), has no Internet access, (well duh...it's not running), yet other times it will look completely normal, (with VirtualBox not running).

I think it comes down to it just being borked....just like it's always been.
-4wd (October 08, 2011, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thats windows for you. I guess Im just going to have to deal with it. I haven't installed enough garbage on my laptop yet to slow it down enough for me to need to reinstall windows yet, so I'll just have to live with it until then

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version