ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

work bathroom story

<< < (7/8) > >>

mwb1100:
I'm just curious about who's so anal that they're keeping track of where people using the restroom are coming from?

nudone:
I got the exact opposite when reading it. I heard an arrogant, pompous (I'm behaving now :P ) blah blah blah. I didn't find it in the least bit funny.

It's interesting how we can get the exact opposite message from the same thing.
-Renegade (October 07, 2011, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

It is difficult to know what the tone is meant to be, perhaps that ought to be Superboy's response "Please add emoticons to your statement next time as I really don't know whether to laugh or just take a sh*t in your sink. Have a nice day."

[My reading of the statement is probably influenced by the people I've worked with in the (distant) past renovating houses. Mainly the boss (an old school friend) often took great delight in trying to upset me with nasty comments - this was to "get us all through the day and have a bit of a crack". In an office environment you'd most likely call it "bullying". The thing is, although the comments were often carefully constructed to be as insulting as possible they were also quite funny - I never knew if he despised me (as that's what it sounded like) or he just had a very warped and malicious sense of humour (or a mental problem). I would attempt to upset him in equal measure but he seemed impervious to it. (We're still friends and he still has the same charming manner).]

tomos:
so,
do you drink a lot of Guinness Superboyac?

:drinksmiley:
-superboyac (October 06, 2011, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

superboyac:
I got the exact opposite when reading it. I heard an arrogant, pompous (I'm behaving now :P ) blah blah blah. I didn't find it in the least bit funny.

It's interesting how we can get the exact opposite message from the same thing.
-Renegade (October 07, 2011, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, me too.  I know these people, and they are not happy or joking about this at all.  Quite a judgemental bunch and on top of that, individuals feel like they "own" certain things that they have absolutely zero ownership over.  We'll see what happens.  I predict that this is not the end of it.

nudone:
In that case I recommend you completely ignore them and their message. No point creating a scene nor a situation that could get out of hand. Not acknowledging their note will spoil their fun more than responding to it.

There is also the "correct" procedure of taking this to someone higher and making a complaint. This kind of thing isn't meant to be tolerated these days, is it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version