ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

NAS Recommendations?

<< < (17/22) > >>

wraith808:
^ It now says call for price. :(

Gwen7:
i tried ordering it earlier @ $119 as it displayed. once in the cart it was showing @$370 however. I think the 'please call' is because that unbelievable low price was a typo and they're having p/r woes over it. too bad. $119 was a total no-brain buying decision. :-))

Innuendo:
Forget the $119 price...I'd settle for finding a price in the U.S. similar to what 4wd paid for his...AUD $221 (approx. US $230). Closest I can find is US $270 (well, US $250 if you are comfortable ordering it off of eBay) with most vendors pricing being over US $300.

4wd:
I didn't get the original deal from this site, but it does explain what happened: HP N40L ProLiant MicroServer for $112

Sold out within 41 minutes!  They must have forgotten to update the site for a day or two.

The $270 must be the one from Newegg, (at least there's free shipping), which is not that far from what I paid all up, (AU$242=~US$254).  We've currently got a small flood of these in Australia at the moment, (all $219 +/- $2), apparently as part of a large HP order a distributor had to take 1000 units at reduced price, (or something like that), so a few places are selling them, (even throwing in the HP DVD-RW for free).

They're still running £100 cashback on these in the UK until April 30th, making them £99-140, (AU$150-210).

Renegade:
Looks like it (the HP mini-server) comes with Windows on it... Can anyone recommend anything better? What would be a good OS to run if you only want to use the box as NAS?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version