ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

NAS Recommendations?

<< < (16/22) > >>

40hz:
Also for anyone in Australia, (I'm looking at you Renegade), the HP ProLiant Microserver N40L for $221.09, (+ $16.00 to Melbourne), from DessyTek.

Much better than a dedicated NAS because you can run what you like on it.

-4wd (March 22, 2012, 04:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

The HP-N36L is a very nicely configured box for the price. The AMD CPU lets you avoid getting into the ARM weirdness you'll sometimes encounter if you're going with Linux. And you can fit the HP P410 RAID card into it if you're the type that still believes in RAID for home use.

Pretty sweet buy 4wd! :Thmbsup:

P.S. Luck with your wife. ;D

4wd:
The HP-N36L is a very nicely configured box for the price. The AMD CPU lets you avoid getting into the ARM weirdness you'll sometimes encounter if you're going with Linux. And you can fit the HP P410 RAID card into it if you're the type that still believes in RAID for home use.-40hz (March 22, 2012, 05:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's no way you could put together a unit with the same specs as these things - they are magic.  I've been itching to play with one since johnk mentioned them back here.

I'm hoping I actually live long enough to do that  :-\

P.S. Luck with your wife. ;D
--- End quote ---

Just got to work out how to get her out of the house when it arrives.

"What, that?   I've had that for years, just hadn't got around to using it."

Innuendo:
"What, that?   I've had that for years, just hadn't got around to using it."-4wd (March 22, 2012, 07:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

When I first read your post I read "that" as being your wife. ;)

4wd:

Addendum: It's arrived!  For size reference, it's sitting on a Sugo SG05 case, approximately 1.5 times the height of it but slightly less deep.

NAS Recommendations?

Oh, and I'm still alive...moose and co are very happy.

4wd:
For anyone in the USA, (as I wish I was for this), you can get the HP ProLiant MicroServer N40L for $111.99, (+ shipping probably), from Insight.

Now THAT is an absolute bargain, (unless shipping is a gold-plated ripoff).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version