ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Steve Jobs is dead.

<< < (10/25) > >>

wraith808:
I had to post this- Steve Jobs gets one last poke at Bill Gates:

Steve Jobs is dead.

Renegade:
I had to post this- Steve Jobs gets one last poke at Bill Gates:
 (see attachment in previous post)

-wraith808 (October 06, 2011, 07:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! That was cute~! :)

In other news... This is just nutty:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10/06/steve_jobs_funeral_picket/

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) have announced their intention to protest at the funeral of Steve Jobs, in a Twitter message sent via an iPhone.

The group, best known for their rainbow "God hates fags" signs and web page, are claiming the action is in response to Jobs not using his wealth to promote their interpretation of the Bible and for Apple being consistently voted one of the most gay-friendly employers. The group’s grievances and its original protest plans were posted from iPhones, something the Twittersphere has been quick to point out.
--- End quote ---

Now THOSE people truly are horrible people.

Target:
nice post here http://scripting.com/stories/2011/10/06/myThoughtsOnSteveJobs.html

Jibz:
Much like Stoic Joker, I do not have any feeling of relating to the man, so while I feel for his family and friends, he was just another rich CEO to me.

What surprised me was what Google+ had turned into yesterday, and I imagine other social networks as well. It was filled with people, who I am sure never met the guy, posting black and white photos of him holding his hand to his face, looking like he was pondering how to make lasting world peace, or posting that quote of his about not living someone else's life, going "WE WILL MISS U!!!".

It feels like there is a lot of hype involved in posting about this (not unlike Apples products), and you have to go into the comments there to get a real feel for what people thought.

/rant

SpoilerI was not going to post this one for a week, but since fenixproductions opened the ball:

"Ironically, Steve disproved the whole 'an Apple a day'-theory."

mahesh2k:
I think sign of success is that you get love and rotten tomatoes (hate) for what you do in life. I also think that Steve is lucky guy for getting that much attention and was never ignored. Most of us spend our days and nights making big corps more rich but will never get the attention (it's not needed either for many introverts). I'm not going to make any personal comments on his death with relation to charity and his religion.

Only thing i can say about charity and these big CEO's is that bill gates and buffets are ignored by media even though we all know their contribution back to society. Bill is very active for AIDS awareness and other health related cause but people simply ignore that and this proves the theory of "what's in it for me". Rich and upper middle class mourning on his death were apple users and so it's obvious that their voices will be heard on social media. Ask any lower middle class computer user or person below that about steve jobs, answer will surprise you.I feel sad because he inspired many small business in and out of united states. That's all. As for people comparing Steve jobs with Edison, he selected the class of people for his products, edisons innovations were not based on any particular part of the food chain. That answers everything. So i'm not going to give that guy any more attention that he deserves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version