ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Steve Jobs is dead.

<< < (8/25) > >>

nosh:
Wow! This thread is generating more hate than the OBL is dead thread. Way to go, DC!  :Thmbsup:

Edit: /sarcasm

KynloStephen66515:
Steve Jobs was a man like any other.  But because he didn't (Publicly, or in his name?) donate massive sums of money to "help" the 3rd world (Can anybody truly say that any amount of money is actually helping them? - Things seem no different now, than they did 25 years ago...), people are hating on him.

I am not a fan of Apple, nor do I own (or WANT to own) any of their products...but all this said, it doesn't make Steve; Evil!

His death, must have been one of a very painful nature, as I imagine most cancer cases would be, and I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

On the note of him not 'Giving To Charity' for any of you people who are "Hating" on someone who just passed...for reasons NONE OTHER than his lack of charitable nature:

Remember, that when you die, no matter what the cause...If you did not give at least 25% of your net income to charity (Even if you had created tens of thousands of jobs {no pun intended}...)...you shall be remembered ONLY for not giving money to UNICEF or w/e.

Congratulations to some of the people on this thread for showing their true nature...In really shows, in true light, just how fucked up some people's perspective of the world, really is...Well done indeed.

R.I.P Steve Jobs, 1955 - 2011
You will be missed

fenixproductions:
Please correct me if I am wrong but... isn't compassion some part of Buddhism? To help people?
For me it is not the problem of actually not giving zillions of dollars to others but identifying with some ideology (being "proud" of it) and not following it. It is like some vegetarians, I met, wearing leather shoes.

BTW A joke about whole situation was born at my work.

Do not read if you may feel offended- Hey guys! Steve is not really dead!
- What?
- Yes! It appears that doctor was holding his hand the wrong way.
- Seems to be too short antenna problem.

f0dder:
On the note of him not 'Giving To Charity' for any of you people who are "Hating" on someone who just passed...for reasons NONE OTHER than his lack of charitable nature:-Stephen66515 (October 06, 2011, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
"NONE OTHER"? That part of the equation is just a bonus bit, a final "oh yeah, in addition to being a nasty piece of sh*t business-wise, he's also a scumbag in person"... not the sole reason for not mourning his death.

Eóin:
But because he didn't (Publicly, or in his name?) donate massive sums of money to "help" the 3rd world (Can anybody truly say that any amount of money is actually helping them?
-Stephen66515 (October 06, 2011, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

The situation is of course much more compilacated to just shipping money into the countries. But I can truly say it helps, I've been in Kenya working with people who are on the frontline as it were. For €30ish they have they can, and do, take a kid out of the dumps (literally, the kids are living like wild animals in the dumps) and feed and educate that kid for a year.

The toll of their decisions is lives spent- not lives not save, but spent- on the fires of their ego, hate, etc.
-wraith808 (October 06, 2011, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I concede that this is a very philosophical point. Is murdering someone more or less 'evil' than choosing not to save them. There is no easy answer to that question.

Anyway, as f0dder suggests the charity thing is but one example, what I hate is the way he did business. Personally I'm not the type to celebrate greed and revere those who do whatever it takes to make money.

[edit] slight tweak of bad grammar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version