ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Steve Jobs is dead.

<< < (6/25) > >>

wraith808:
Steve Jobs showed little inclination to use his personal wealth for philanthropic purposes.

And, strangely for a self-professed Buddhist, he did not embrace environmental concerns-http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12215485
--- End quote ---

Says it all really, what a horrible human being he was.
-Eóin (October 05, 2011, 07:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why does that make you a horrible human being?  Different views (that don't affect anyone outside of your not doing the same as they do) makes you a horrible human being?

Renegade:
Why does that make you a horrible human being?  Different views (that don't affect anyone outside of your not doing the same as they do) makes you a horrible human being?
-wraith808 (October 06, 2011, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I probably shouldn't post this...
I think that the line of logic is that when you have far, far, far more than you can possibly use, and you won't help people that really need it, then... you're a douche.

I f**king love Bill Gates if for no other reason than he's... Beyond words. We need more people like Bill Gates. The good he is doing? Wow. He's a real idol. He's the kind of person that I wish I could be. Steve Jobs? Not so much so. Steve was brilliant. But brilliance doesn't always make you admirable in that way.

Along with the 16,000 children that starved to death today, that people like Bill Gates are trying to help out with and people like Steve Jobs are not trying to help with, the world lost, in addition to those 16,000 children under the age of 5 that starved to death... the world lost a corporate titan that exemplified greed in all it's glory. There is no better example of an uber-performing, vicious CEO than SJ. He raised Apple to infinite heights. Hooray. And what was the cost? And what *good* did he do?

I will cry when Bill Gates dies. I will cry when Warren Buffet dies. They are truly great men.

I think the measure of a man/woman is not the heights to which he/she can achieve. The measure is what heights he/she can elevate others.

f0dder:
Steve Jobs showed little inclination to use his personal wealth for philanthropic purposes.

And, strangely for a self-professed Buddhist, he did not embrace environmental concerns-http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12215485
--- End quote ---

Says it all really, what a horrible human being he was.
-Eóin (October 05, 2011, 07:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
WTF this is the most heartlesssssss comment I read today.
-lotusrootstarch (October 05, 2011, 08:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, I'll try to best that, then:

Little Stevie is off to the iCloud, and iDon't care - it's time for iPartying.

wraith808:
Why does that make you a horrible human being?  Different views (that don't affect anyone outside of your not doing the same as they do) makes you a horrible human being?
--- End quote ---

(Hidden part in prior post)

-Renegade (October 06, 2011, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Point taken.  But that's your opinion.  Saying that you don't have a high opinion of what a person believes, has done, and has left behind is one thing.  To say that someone his a horrible human being because of those things, especially when (1) you don't know what he/she has done behind the scenes, but only second hand accounts, and (2) it's just because they didn't do something when you judge that they could have is my problem with the whole 'horrible human being' bit.  It's a bit beyond the pale, IMO.

Oh, I'll try to best that, then:

Little Stevie is off to the iCloud, and iDon't care - it's time for iPartying.

-f0dder (October 06, 2011, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

The funny thing about these statements/sentiments is the fact that he's beyond what any of our statements about him are, which means that they say nothing about him or his state, and a lot about us... hmmm?

Eóin:
--- End quote ---

It's not the only reason why I dislike him, but it cemented my opinion of him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version