Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 31, 2014, 09:27:38 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SRWare Iron updated  (Read 1818 times)
joiwind
Participant

carpe momentum

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 20, 2012, 05:11:47 PM »

For those interested SRWare Iron has updated to v. 17.0.1000.0 (Developer Build 120000)

.: I use K-Meleon - the browser you can control - but I love Pale Moon too :.
Tuxman
Supporting Member

OMG not him again!

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 07:54:38 PM »

Ew, thought it was dead. Thanks.
Any links, maybe?

I bet when Cheetahs race and one of them cheats, the other one goes "Man, you're such a Cheetah!" and they laugh & eat a zebra or whatever.
- @VeryGrumpyCat
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:12:30 PM »

A few folks have called Iron on the verge of a Scam, with only a few sorta-minor features. The other contender I keep seeing in this category is Comodo Dragon.

I'm no Expert, but there are only some five legit remakes of Chromium for security.
joiwind
Participant

carpe momentum

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 07:55:57 AM »

@Tuxman :
Ew, thought it was dead. Thanks.
Any links, maybe?
No, Iron is far from dead :  check the forum SRWare (English) forum

Download

@TaoPhoenix :
A few folks have called Iron on the verge of a Scam, with only a few sorta-minor features. The other contender I keep seeing in this category is Comodo Dragon.

I'm no Expert, but there are only some five legit remakes of Chromium for security.

Sorry but I don't know where you got that idea from, check this : Chrome versus Iron

EĆ³in
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 10:05:46 AM »

Rebuilding and redistributing open-source software isn't a scam so long as you respect the license. I've noticed a new term gain traction among Android ROM developers- kang. So long as you're honest and upfront about what you are doing then kanging is fine.

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
mahesh2k
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 10:29:30 AM »

Comodo is safe and easy on portability. Only their download page confuses me and refuses to download.
EĆ³in
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 10:47:18 AM »

I must say regarding Iron, it's one of the pieces of software I'm completely happy with. I've been using it for close to a year now, on all three platforms without any issues. I check back every now and again for updates and they seem very regular.

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
mahesh2k
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 11:33:55 AM »

By the way why Ironware doesn't offer update for portable versions from the browser itself?
joiwind
Participant

carpe momentum

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 05:00:19 AM »

SRWare Iron updated to 18.0.1050.0 (it follows Chrome updates).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0.09 ]