ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

RIOT tool that respects folder hierarchy? (for JPEG compression?)

<< < (2/7) > >>

dcsev:
Hi guys,
I am really embarrassed to say I forgot about this request -_-
Just remembered now that I had a need for it.

SS-- see the following link:

http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/bbpress/topic.php?id=60

scores of users are wanting the same thing. RIOT does everything we want except the following:
1) Allow you to save the processed file inside each folder  (and delete original file)
2)  drag and drop folder and recursively 

dcsev:
Hi all,

It's been one year and there STILL isn't a solution for this.  RIOT does not support “Batch optimizing into original subfolders".  I have tried every other program I could find by Google on the Internet and could not locate a good program to do this.

Please help! :(

vlastimil:
Have you actually tried mine? Mentioned right in the second post? 'cause it DOES what you say you need and did from the beginning. So, is there any special reason why you refuse to try it? I am really curious...

dcsev:
Stand by vlastimil. I am online now. Let me see what your post is about :-)

dcsev:
It is not a specialized "RIOT" tool as you call it, it simply resizes .jpegs, but with P100, the physical size remains the same, and it only re-compresses them. Today's digital cameras usually produce relatively large file with unreasonable compression options, so saving a lot of space with negligible quality loss is possible - experiment with the compression quality.
--- End quote ---

vlastimil -- the reason I didn't try it because I was uncertain that it did the same thing.  Does RIOT do the same thing as your tool (in term of "optimizing" that RIOT does? IS that all it does?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version