ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for the best solution to stock and organize code snippets

<< < (3/4) > >>

wraith808:
I love how acetext just keeps a simple list of everything that's been dumped in your clipboard.-superboyac (October 03, 2011, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
But isn't that true of all clipboard enhancers?  Which begs the question, what are the special requirements of a code snippet program over and above regular clipboard enhancers?
-rjbull (October 04, 2011, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

For me, it's integration with the IDE past simple C&P, i.e. variable substitution, the ability to categorize, and the ability to highlight.

I use a combination of snip-it pro (mentioned above) and coderush.  I didn't mention code rush before, because its quite expensive, and there were already complaints of the price of snip-it pro (:))  But adding either CodeRush or ReSharper increases productivity so much once you get used to using it and get it set up, that IMO it's well worth the price...

rjbull:
But isn't that true of all clipboard enhancers?  Which begs the question, what are the special requirements of a code snippet program over and above regular clipboard enhancers?-rjbull (October 04, 2011, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

For me, it's integration with the IDE past simple C&P, i.e. variable substitution, the ability to categorize, and the ability to highlight.-wraith808 (October 04, 2011, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Should have known I'd get a coder answer that I wouldn't understand  :-[  Is the variable substitution like that in mouser's FLM, only able to pick variables up from the editor in the IDE?

joiwind:
Maybe browse through this list?

http://www.tripwiremagazine.com/2011/07/manage-code-snippets.html
-skwire (October 04, 2011, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

THANKS skwire  :Thmbsup:

The other link doesn't want to load.

wraith808:
But isn't that true of all clipboard enhancers?  Which begs the question, what are the special requirements of a code snippet program over and above regular clipboard enhancers?-rjbull (October 04, 2011, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

For me, it's integration with the IDE past simple C&P, i.e. variable substitution, the ability to categorize, and the ability to highlight.-wraith808 (October 04, 2011, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Should have known I'd get a coder answer that I wouldn't understand  :-[  Is the variable substitution like that in mouser's FLM, only able to pick variables up from the editor in the IDE?
-rjbull (October 04, 2011, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know.  I've never used FLM.  Let's call them fields.  The template is put in, and fields within the template can be navigated and changed.

skwire:
The other link doesn't want to load.-joiwind (October 04, 2011, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

This one?   http://fsl.sytes.net/dtt.html

If so, it works fine here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version