ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

iTunes Password Recovery (advice) Needed

<< < (2/2)

Stoic Joker:
Scary site these guys have.

While it looks legit, it's just a little too perfect to my eyes. But I'm The cagey type when it comes to security. Especially crack tools.

Thats one of the reasons why I prefer open source software when it comes to security tools. Backdoors and Trojans get spotted a lot more easily if they're lurking in those.

Opening a port may not in itself be cause for alarm. But with a black box app, opening a port without asking, or (at the very least) without advance notice and explanation is considerably more worrisome.-40hz (October 04, 2011, 06:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ding! Ding! Ding! :Thmbsup: ...Give that man a prize!

Did some quick research and haven't found much of anything about the website as far as commentary or reviews. Which is odd considering how big and fancy that website is. Freebie info sites usually start small. You'd think the usual tech blogs would have covered it.

Maybe it's brand new? Which, if so, would also be a little odd considering how extensive and polished it is for a non-sales site. Didn't spot a single typo either. It's all extremely professional.

I'd want to know a lot more verifiable info about securityexploded.com and the people behind it before I'd be comfortable using anything they offer for download. Until then, I'd be very cautious.

But that's me.   ;D

-40hz (October 04, 2011, 06:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

It really is spooky how much time we spend on the same page.

But like I said before the box was already completely torched ... So I gave it a shot. And sofar It hasn't made any other attempts to (Um...) share its findings with a mothership.

40hz:

It really is spooky how much time we spend on the same page.

-Stoic Joker (October 04, 2011, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Similar jobs. Similar interests. Anybody that does what we do tends to independently arrive at much the same conclusions and hold much the same attitudes towards things. (I'll even bet you like redheads too!)

They don't lump us together and call us geeks (I prefer 'wonks') for nothing. ;D

P.S. I agree with you. If the box is already compromised and FUBARed to the nines, it's the perfect teaching lab for screwing around with. Now you can try out stuff you'd never dare play with on a working system. And guilt free too! (I know you already got the user's data off it.) So why not have a little fun? Heck, if you're not real careful, you could even learn something - as Bill Cosby used to say. :Thmbsup:

Eóin:
The worrisome thing seems to be that passwords can be retrieved from browsers like that. :(
-Renegade (October 04, 2011, 12:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

The browser themselves have to be able to get at the password in plaintext if they're to submit it to the server, so unless they store the passwords in another password encrypted database it's no real surprise other programs can recover them.

Stoic Joker:
(I'll even bet you like redheads too!)-40hz (October 04, 2011, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh for me it's (much worse) compulsory ... I am one. ;)

I used to love watching Fat Albert and the Cosby kids on Saturdays

40hz:
(I'll even bet you like redheads too!)-40hz (October 04, 2011, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh for me it's (much worse) compulsory ... I am one. ;)

-Stoic Joker (October 04, 2011, 11:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Be sure to reproduce. There can never be enough redheads in the world. (Skips generations on my mother's side of the family. Go Celts and Bretons!) I'm in the in-between group. None in mine. One in my niece's. :D
 :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version