topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:34 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Ask DC: What am I looking at?  (Read 3727 times)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ask DC: What am I looking at?
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Someone posted this on subjot but I don't really get what it is. http://hackerhub.org/

The only clue I have is that the example site design reminds me of a super hacker character from Broken Saints

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ask DC: What am I looking at?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 03:34 AM »
Someone posted this on subjot but I don't really get what it is. http://hackerhub.org/

Looks like it's been reset. Your link only brings you to generic info screen.

BSRaimi01.pngAsk DC: What am I looking at?

The only clue I have is that the example site design reminds me of a super hacker character from Broken Saints

Screenshot - 10_3_2011 , 4_36_00 AM.gif

FYI: The character's name is Raimi Matthews. Not so much a hacker as a systems and security software developer. He just happened to crack a mainframe (owned by the defense contractor he worked for) one quiet afternoon when curiosity got the better of him.  ;D

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:45 AM by 40hz »

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 05:10 AM »
Nope, that is what I'm seeing when I shared the link.

If you click on the template example link, you see something similar to Raimi's self-made secret link/site that's on his server.

Edit: Or do you mean that's not really what you're supposed to see on the site?

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 05:19 AM »
similar to Raimi's self-made secret link/site that's on his server

??? The only display I recall Raimi looking at was a bash shell session when he cracked the corporate server.  :)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:13 AM »
It's probably in some other video or even in the voice over version since I have a hard time downloading these flash versions and ended up downloading the torrent w/ the complete series + additional voice overs (even though I had originally just wanted the flash version and had no idea Broken Saints was payware)

In one of those video, he had some basic dark on white text website with some astrological banner and that was where he kept his conspiracy files or something. The sidebar was pretty much the text in that preview link but more related to his files. I forgot the title really and it's kind of a spoiler to show the vid because a major event happens afterwards to his PC.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 08:51 AM »
Very cool.

I usually don't miss things like that. I'm going to have to give the DVDs a second watch when I can find the time. I'm a big BrokenSaints fan even if I think the ending could have been handled better. (They rushed it a bit and left some plot points dangling.)  :)