ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How many slaves work for you?

<< < (4/4)

Eóin:
Damn you, now I gotta take the silly test (when I get home) just to see where they go with that question. Although I'd tend to disagree if they count paying for it as a slave against you. It should be a 1 slave credit for being a slave (yourself) to your own proclivities.
-Stoic Joker (October 03, 2011, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

They don't count it in the total, they just point out that the sex-industry is largely based on exploitation of women rather than empowerment. That's probably true, but without getting into a political discussion, there are some regulated sex industries out there which do work, so the site not counting it one way or another feels correct to me.

Stoic Joker:
Damn you, now I gotta take the silly test (when I get home) just to see where they go with that question. Although I'd tend to disagree if they count paying for it as a slave against you. It should be a 1 slave credit for being a slave (yourself) to your own proclivities.
-Stoic Joker (October 03, 2011, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

They don't count it in the total, they just point out that the sex-industry is largely based on exploitation of women rather than empowerment. That's probably true, but without getting into a political discussion, there are some regulated sex industries out there which do work, so the site not counting it one way or another feels correct to me.-Eóin (October 03, 2011, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds fair enough ... Unfortunately I can't get the page to load now. I tried both IE9 which loaded page 1 at the office but now wont, and FF7 (portable) which stopped in the same place. So I don't know if it is a site issue or just my currently shit and about to be kicked to the curb Centurylink DSL acting up again.

Talk about cruel anticipation ... There's a roll of fiber coming off the pole coiled up by the side of my house right now. But! ...It's not scheduled to be finalized until Friday afternoon. sssSooo Close.... Gaaaaaaaaaa!

app103:
The site isn't working quite right. There is the side panel that pops out so you can fine tune it. I fine tuned everything it would allow, to be as accurate as possible. That means I adjusted it to show that I do NOT own a BR/DVD player and disks for it. Nor do I own a game console with 5 games (I didn't count the Atari that was bought second hand back in the 80's, and I don't think that's what they had in mind when they made the site)

And the pillows I use are made by ME, from recycled materials (am I a slave to myself?)

How many slaves work for you?

I also don't think that it takes into consideration where I live when analyzing my answers for "What's on your plate?" I think it just records that I live in the US, and not really where in the US. I live in the Garden State and it is called that for a reason. Local produce is cheaper than imported, and cheaper than produce from other states. Most of the farms here are small family owned and members of farming co-ops. If they are using slaves, it's likely they are exploiting their own family members. And I don't see that as any different than expecting your kids to do chores around the house or a pizzeria owner having one of their kids make boxes and the other take phone orders after school, unless they are overdoing it.

That said, my score was 21.

Krishean:
I don't think its very accurate at all, although most of my answers were "that looks about right, I don't care that much." I picked whatever the most gadgets was and the rest was fairly minimalistic, that said I got a 22, even with the ridiculous amount of tech surrounding me, I'm still in the same range as app103 and Renegade? Also, I used chrome and found the amount of effects used somewhat unnecessary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version